Meeting L

Last weekend I went to London for some intentions like giving a report to Indonesian Embassy, meeting my cousin and friends who live there and also going round to some places which I didn't take a visit in last December. This time London gave me a warm welcome since there was sunshine all day long, so that I could still go outside until 10 pm. However, I only visited Victoria & Albert Museum, Piccadilly Circus, Portobello Road Market, Foyle's Bookstore and Camden Town. Three days in London were definitely not enough for me to visit all of the places on my itinerary.

Underground route board in Bayswater Station 

In front of Victoria & Albert Museum  


Fashion exhibition in V&A Museum



Even though the sun seemed to shine brighter than the last time I had seen it in couple months ago, I was feeling a little bit gloomy in my second visit. If you ask me why I can feel that way, I'm not even sure how this happened. Before I realized about this feeling, my cousin who lives there for couple months once told me that she's not that much into London. Even it's a very big city with a lot of people and most of them are very friendly, she still feels lonely and homesick almost everyday. At first, I was a bit shocked and disagree with her statement. I mean, London is a place that offers almost everything you might wish to see, but just right after I told her so, I began feel the same kind way as her and want to come back to Bournemouth as soon as I can.  


An afternoon in one of London's Park


Indonesian Embassy in London



Haven't seen London for almost ten months makes this city become unfamiliar again for me and my feelings towards it have completely changed. It's weird sometimes realizing that at one time you can feel so much in love with something, but as time goes by, all the feelings fade away. Maybe we just met at the wrong time or I'm so sick of big city where people seem always in a rush and full of stress or it's just not where I belong. I don't know which one is the major cause of this uneasy feeling, but there are still some things left to be desired like fascinating events, museums, markets and fashionable people which I don't get much in Bournemouth.







2 Comments

Post a Comment