February is already right in front of us. Time flies really fast and all we know that this year would wing pass us just as fast like years before. I remember exactly what I was doing in a year ago today. Those were the days when I just started to spend most of the time doing my final assignment at my kosan (flat) in Bandung. Those were the days when I learned how to spend my "free" time more wisely, and also, those were the days when I tried hard to get my own fears out of myself. Now, my days are pretty similar with that. I spend most of my days in my bedroom in Jakarta, doing the same thing repeatedly in order to attain another goal and try to shoo away all the fears.     
       

Instead of complaining about how boring my days would be if I only pass them by doing such things, I try to see it as a good chance to either fix my bad habits, experience new things or even improve my skill in a particular way. One of those skills that I really want to improve is cooking. I must admit that I am not a great cook and not usual with it. Hence, this could be the best time to improve my talent in the kitchen. What have inspired me more is, when I found some inspiring foodie (food - photography) blogs. I recommend you to see Pandjalu, Yummy Corner and What Katie Ate


I found this simple recipe from Pandjalu and decided to make it as my breakfast (with some changes in the recipe). It's pretty easy to make, the ingredients are most likely to be found in your kitchen cabinet. Well, we're going to break it down to three steps: Butter Toast, Oregano Chicken and Scrambled Eggs.

Butter Toast. Take two slices of wheat bread and spread each side of them with butter. Add the oregano and black pepper into it. Then, put your slices of bread into the toaster.

Oregano Chicken. Cut the chicken fillets into rectangular slices, add oregano, salt and black pepper. In a frying pan, heat the butter. Then, add the minced red onion and saute them until half-cooked. Add the chicken into the pan. Saute the chicken until the color turns light brown.

Scrambled Eggs. Break the egg into a bowl. Add salt and black pepper. Heat the butter in a frying pan, saute the onion. Then, pour the egg mixture into the pan. Scramble the egg, move the mixture around the pan with a spatula to scrape the cooked eggs from the bottom to the top of the mixture and expose the still-wet portions to the heat.

Serve the butter toast, sauteed oregano chicken and scrambled eggs. Add black pepper to season, if desired. Enjoy ♥

0 Comments